Friday Morning Music Club Chorale Music Director Search
Thank you for your interest in the Music Director position for the Friday Morning Music Club Chorale!
The Chorale Director Search Committee is soliciting applications from prospective candidates. If interested, please submit your application to the committee by email ( email@example.com ) by November 15, 2013 or forward this notice to anyone who may be interested.
The Selection Committee will choose several candidates from all applications. Finalists for the position will be notified by December 10. Finalists can expect to conduct an all day workshop using a combination of music selected from a standard list as developed by the Selection Committee and works of their own choice. Singers from the FMMC community (and any others interested in participating) will make up the chorus. If required by the works selected, a small orchestra will be formed and the candidate will be expected to devote part of the workshop to prepare the musicians for the performance. The workshop will close with a performance of the selected works. The performance will be open to anyone who wishes to attend.
There is a variety of information here, including:
- Duties and Qualifications expected of the successful candidate, plus details about the application process.
- For the workshop, a list of pieces from which the candidate can pick for the required pieces section of the workshop.
- A questionnaire to be completed by the applicant about how they would approach leading the Chorale.
- A history of the Chorale
- The last decade's repertoire of the Chorale
- The main Friday Morning Music Club web site