Information for Candidates for FMMC Chorale Director
- Select programs for the concerts.
- Rehearse and prepare singers and orchestra players.
- Audition singers, soloists, and orchestra members.
- Conduct 2 or 3 polished concerts per season with chorale and orchestra.
- Work with and inspire singers to improve their technique.
- Work with the Chorale Committee and the FMMC Board of Governors, and within the budget, to produce the best possible concerts for the participants and the audiences.
- Develop and promote the artistic quality of this community ensemble.
- Thorough knowledge of music history, theory, performance practices, instrumentation, programming, and conducting are required.
- Ability to work effectively with volunteer musicians (singers and instrumentalists) of varying abilities to produce the best possible performances is important.
Date Position is AvailableOn or about September 1, 2014.
Send letter of application (including completed
résumé, three letters of reference, and links to any
online videos of performances that demonstrate your abilities to:
Music Director Search Committee c/o Peter Baum (firstname.lastname@example.org )
Each selected candidate will lead a one-day chorus workshop in 2014 culminating in a performance of about an hour with chorale and small orchestra. There will be an honorarium for this workshop.